Monday, June 6, 2011

The Katelin Dean's Love Blog

I feel privileged to muse about many things in my weekly column in the Bugle-Observer, which means that I don't update this blog as often as I probably should.
I have the opportunity to talk about politics, issues that are close to my heart like bullying and depression, and also to have my say on current events.
What I don't often write about is love; in fact, this blog's name could change to The Katelin Dean's Love Blog....
Since I haven't updated it since April 1, it seems that my love life is a little lackluster.
Though I'm a confident, single woman, there's a part of me that doesn't want to be single any longer; however, I'm really not willing to settle for just anyone. My goals are not to get married and have kids, though if those things happen, I'll welcome them with open arms. I'm focused on my career, and extra-curricular activities, but there's definitely room in my heart for more.
I have tried the world of internet dating, which is definitely great for accumulating stories about terrible dates. I think the worst part is that some guys come off so well in emails, but are absolutely insane in person.
There was the 24-year-old-biological-clock-is-ticking guy, and the did-you-know-aliens-walked-the-earth;-it-says-so-in-Genesis guy....both absolutely charming *insert eye roll here*.
I have had crushes on friends, which typically results in an awkward and/or upsetting conversation about how valuable our friendship is, which I'm always thankful for in retrospect, because the longer I live, the more importance I place on being open and honest with feelings, even though it's really, really hard.
And I've had crushes on co-workers through the years, which seems to work for many people, but has never panned out for me.
I'm not entirely sure where to go from here, and I'm not one of those girls with a list of qualities that I'm looking for...but I do know this:
I obviously want someone honest, hard-working, etc...but, the key for me is for him to be passionate, intelligent and funny.
He can be passionate about anything, whether it's sports, music, films, whatever, as long as he has something so I can pursue my passions without feeling guilty about dedicating time.
Intelligence does not necessarily equate to being educated, though it could.
And as for being funny, it's ok if he's not cracking one-liners all the time, but if you don't get my jokes, I'm exceptionally annoying, and that would never work.

No comments:

Post a Comment